Monday, October 31, 2011

Ratatouille??

Ah, Halloween!  Definitely one of my favorite times of the year.  This year my son went as Remy from Ratatouille.  Each year I have tried to make the cupcake treats for Alex's daycare coordinate with his costume, and this year I was puzzled by this idea for quite some time.  My first thought was to make a lollipop for the top of the cupcakes, which I attempted to do using a Mickey Mouse mold.  I thought they looked great!  My 3 year old, however, did not.  He very quickly informed me the lollipops did not look like Remy, they were Mickey Mouse and I colored him wrong!  Back to the drawing board I went, when I saw this cute rats in a cupcake book and decided to give them a go!  I made one grey (well more silver really) to symbolize Remy and one brown rate to symbolize his brother Emile. I then made mini cheese cupcakes for each of the kids, and the rats, because after all they were only trying to find something to eat!




1 comment:

  1. These look fabulous! I cannot wait until I have a party or something so I can have you make me some of your delicious cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete